MLI Marble Lending Inc.
If you do not provide us with personal information we ask for, we may not be able to provide you with loans or other Products.
Information We Collect
Information we collect may include:
We collect personal information you provide us when you apply for a loan or other Product, or create an account on one of our Websites. In connection with loans and other financial services, we ask customers to allow us to collect information from their service providers such as banks and we collect information from credit reporting bodies. We may collect this information from third parties with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may also collect information via the "Contact Us" section of the Websites, or when you contact is via telephone (calls with you may be monitored or recorded for training or quality control purposes). We may also collect personal information when you complete an online survey or enter a promotional contest via the Websites from time to time.
- name, address, email address, telephone numbers, and other contact details;
- bank account information, including bank account, transit and branch numbers;
- credit scores and credit history, and other financial and identity information from consumer and credit reporting agencies, or financial institutions or businesses that you currently have, or have had, financial dealings with;
- information on your income, including the name and contact information of your employer or other source of income, and assets and liabilities;
- name and contact information of personal references;
- bank account balances and transaction history, and other banking information collected from your physical or online bank statements;
- information relating to ongoing interactions with Marble, including payment history, current and historical loan amounts or balances, inquiries or complaints, and similar information;
- social insurance number, date of birth, and other personal identifiers (if you choose to provide them to us). If you give us your social insurance number, we may use it to identify you with consumer reporting agencies and other parties, and we may keep it in our records with your other information, even after your account is closed;
- contact and credit information from other providers of financial products and services where you have agreed to the sharing of your personal information with entities like Marble;
- information we collect from public sources and third parties in order to locate you where a debt is owed to us and we are unable to contact you using the information we have on file; and
- other information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
In addition, when you use our Websites, or tablet or mobile applications, we may collect information about your location or activity including the date of and time of visits, which pages are viewed, how you as the user navigate through the website and interact with the webpages (including fields completed in form and applications and purchase activity), IP address, telephone number, information about the device used to visit the Websites and whether you've accessed third party sites. Some of this information is collected using cookies (see below under the heading "Cookies, Tracer Tags & Web Beacons").
Marble may also collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
If you come to our Websites from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Websites or to third parties. This information is not used to gather any personally identifiable information about you, but allows us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
Marble may also collect information on users from social media sites for users that have opted to connect to or otherwise link Marble with social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. We treat this data as non-personal information for purposes of providing the Products, except where we are required to treat it as personal information under applicable privacy laws.
How We Use Your Information
Marble uses the information we collect for the purposes of offering and providing you with the Products and products or services of business partners that are tailored to your interests and preferences.
We may use your personal information to:
- confirm your identity, and verify the information you provided to us in connection with an application for a loan or other Products, including opening a MyMarble.ca account;
- determine your current and ongoing credit worthiness;
- protect you and us from theft, fraud, and unauthorized access to your account;
- improve the Products, and assess your ongoing needs for other products and services;
- inform you of the Products and products and services of our business partners;
- communicate with you in respect of your MyMarble.ca account, and other Products and products and services of our business partners;
- enter you in and administer promotional contests that we may offer from time to time, and if you win, to identify you for promotion and advertising purposes;
- perform or have performed by third parties, data analysis or analytics for the purposes of developing lending criteria, guidelines, policies or algorithms (see "Analytics" below); and
- comply with applicable laws.
When Do We Share Information
We share your information our affiliates as necessary for the purposes described above.
We also exchange your information on an ongoing basis with consumer and credit reporting agencies so they can verify your information, ensure the completeness of the information they and we have on file about you, and maintain the integrity of our lending business.
We may disclose your personal information to our business partners who we use to assist us in providing you with the Products. We may also disclose your personal information to business partners with whom we have joint marketing agreements for the purposes of providing products or services offered by them, but only if you have requested such products or services and agreed to any specific terms to such products or services. (For further information, see "Business Partners" below).
If you request insurance in connection with a Product, we will share your personal information with the insurance provider for the purposes of establishing and administering and your insurance coverage.
We may use your information in order to identify your preferences (see "Cookies, Tracer Tags & Web Beacons"), determine your eligibility for special offers and discounts, and to contact you in regard to such offers and discounts, or to provide other information about products, services, promotions and events.
We may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law. Your information may be shared to the extent required in connection with any legal proceedings we or our business partners are involved in, including performing or having performed by third parties audits or investigations, or to the extent disclosure is otherwise permitted or required by applicable laws. We may disclose your personal information with law enforcement, government officials, and regulatory agencies in order to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions and otherwise to the extent we determine such disclosure is permitted by law.
Accessing & Deleting Your Information
We may use affiliates or third parties to help us analyze your personal information and online activities to assist in developing criteria or algorithms for use in our lending business or otherwise to improve our business, the Products or the Websites.
You may access, review, and update much of the information you have submitted to us at any time via the Websites. You may choose to close or request that we delete your account and your associated data at any time, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data, although some information may be retained. For example, some information may be retained on a server or media, which is necessary to help ensure continued availability of our products and services. We retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested. Additionally, we may retain personal information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, trouble shoot problems, enforce our Terms of Service, and as permitted by applicable law. Anonymous, aggregated information that is not identifiable to a specific individual may be retained indefinitely.
Cookies, Tracer Tags & Web Beacons
You may set your Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
Our Website may also use a technology called "tracer tags" or "web beacons". This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Websites. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Websites for you and other future visitors to our Websites.
Third Party Links
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We use physical, electronic and procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control such as, but not limited to, firewalls, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to work to maintain the security of your online session and personal information.
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personal information and other information we obtain about you may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred. We will comply with applicable laws to protect your privacy in the course of any such transaction.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our Products or those of third parties.
Limiting the Collection, Use or Disclosure of Your Information
Much of Marble's collection, use and disclosure of your information is necessary in order to offer you the Products. Accordingly, you may only limit Marble's collection, use and disclosure of your information by choosing not to receive certain products or services (for example, by selecting services from "Services" section of MyMarble.ca).
Any other collection, use or disclosure of your information may only be limited by discontinuing your use of the Products, which may require repayment of any outstanding loans or other amounts owing to Marble.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if:
You may contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our business partners treat your personal information.
1202 - 1166 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3Z3
Attention: Privacy Officer